Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Facebook Helps to Increase Organ Donation Awareness

I came home from the hospital last night to see an article that describes how Facebook is going to start encouraging organ donation through the ability for members to share their organ donation status on the ever-popular social networking website:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/story/2012-05-01/Facebook-organ-donation-feature/54671522/1?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150792658168770_23024082_10150792715548770#fa5b3ac9

I thought the above article to be incredibly timely and interesting. My entire family has been very thankful for the gift of life that my father received. I hope that this outreach helps more families like mine.

What is interesting is that I was recently considering closing my Facebook profile since I find it to be a website that is more of a distraction than anything beneficial. I certainly enjoy the occasional photo of a friend, family member, or little one and the links to topics I find interesting. However, I always felt that Facebook was overly invasive of privacy. However, when it comes to propagating organ donation benefits, I cannot deny the potential positive impact Facebook may have. I suppose I will keep my Facebook profile longer than I thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment