Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Welcome to Kvetching

Let the kvetching begin!

Welcome to my blog that will serve as an opportunity for me to inform my family and friends while venting about life. First-time blogger with over 30 years experience in kvetching, I am planning to talk about stories of past and present, especially related to my father.

What makes my father so special? That will be obvious if I dedicate enough posts to him, but he is an amazing person. Unfortunately, he also has--as he has dubbed it many, many times--"my mazel": an appropriately sarcastic Yiddish phrase he has used describing his own poor luck.

On New Year's Day, Dad made the big move to Indianapolis to officially begin waiting for his liver transplant there. Why Indianapolis? Why a liver transplant? There are plenty of topics to be covered in later posts. I'm assuming this will be a relatively serious blog, because topics such as organ transplants tend to be heavy. Also, with my Dad's mazel, a lot of stories in the past have been...well...fercockt. However, with a lot of positive thoughts, I am hoping that the future brings much better mazel to Dad, giving new meaning to "my mazel".

With that, I am officially beginning the public venting sessions....

No comments:

Post a Comment